Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My Daughter


My daughter is 13, soon to be 14, and she is the light of my life (along with my son, of course). I can still vividly remember the day she was born. What a joyous day it was. She came into this world with such an attitude, and today she has that same attitude.

Right from the get go I could see how strong & independant she was. She was also extremely happy - she smiled & laughed & loved meeting people. She could melt even the toughest soul with just one look at her sparkly big blue eyes and huge smile. She was beautiful and larger than life back then.... and today, she's even more beautiful and even larger than life to me.

My daughter doesn't see what I see... She has strength, she has courage and she's not afraid to use them. She has compassion & will console a stranger if she sees someone in distress. She is patient & kind and passionately cares for her friends & family.

When she loves, she loves completely. When she is angry, everyone knows it. She isn't afraid to stand up for herself or what she believes in.

We are friends, my daughter & I. I really enjoy her company & I believe she enjoys mine. We love spending lots of mother/daughter time. There is a mutal respect & love for each other. She knows she can come & talk to me about anything & everything. I do not judge her & I listen to her views. We may not always agree, but that's okay.

My daughter is growing up, and I love watching her do it. I can see the woman she is destined to be and I am in awe. She is just going to be phenomenal. I just can't wait. I know it's going to be a wild ride, but I'm all strapped in & rarin' to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home